Exclusive tracks from SUICIDE COMMANDO, CAUSTIC and MODULATE, exclusive remixes by ALIEN VAMPIRES, GRENDEL and ROTERSAND! The official compilation album of the Resistanz festival 2011...
“Resistanz” is the official compilation album for the UK’s newest and most exciting industrial festival – which in April 2011 gathered together leading alternative electronic artists from the US, UK and Europe!
The album includes remixes from GRENDEL, ALIEN VAMPIRES, ROTERSAND, SHIV-R and STUDIO-X – and contains 8 exclusive and 3 rare tracks, many made specifically for this compilation!
As the proud main sponsor of the “Resistanz” festival – held in Sheffield UK on April 2nd and 3rd 2011 - DWA worked for months behind the scenes, liasing with various acts to assemble the most memorable compilation album possible to commemorate this awesome event.
The album features:
- Resistanz Saturday night headliner SUICIDE COMMANDO: with an exclusive remix of the track “Go Fuck Yourself” (from the latest single “Death Cures All Pain”) made especially for this compilation by ALIEN VAMPIRES
- THE GOTHSICLES’ specially-written track “The First Band Ever To Play Resistanz Festival (We’re #1)” – featuring guest vocals from Richard Pyne of UBERBYTE and Thomas Rainer of NACHTMAHR (DJ in the main room on the Sunday night afterparty)
- Specially-re-edited GRENDEL remix of DEVIANT UK’s “Wreckhead”
- Newly re-recorded 2011 version of MODULATE’s classic “Bass Alert”
- Exclusive POLLUTED AXIS remix of C/A/T’s “Live With Myself”
- STUDIO-X’s hardstyle remix of UBERBYTE’s “Break You”
- A freshly re-mastered version of ROTERSAND’s remix of XP8’s “Want It”, and SHIV-R’s remix of SAM’s “Halluzinogen”: both previously available only in Japan
Two exclusive bonus tracks:
– A previously-unreleased LAB 4 remix of THE JUDAS COVEN from LAB 4/THE JUDAS COVEN’s A+D+A+M: special guest DJ in the hardstyle room on the Sunday night of Resistanz!
- The recording debut of CAUSTIC/THE GOTHSICLES side-project THE CAUSTICLES!
- A specially-recorded cover version of CUBANATE's classic "Oxyacetylene" by CAUSTIC and BE MY ENEMY: as performed live during CAUSTIC's set at Resistanz!
Mastering for this album was carried out by Kolja Trelle (SOMAN) at Koltron Music Production, while the Sheffield-themed artwork - drawn from iconic landmarks of the area for an authentic local flavour! - was designed by Vlad McNeally of Kallisti Design (DETROIT DIESEL, SHIV-R, REAXION GUERRILLA, NACHTMAHR).
The strictly limited CD edition of 500 copies, “Resistanz” with 6-page booklet (and including 2 different tracks) is on general release now!